Posted in Latest Stories & Articles by H.L., Main Blog (All Posts) on August 3rd, 2007 7:54 am by HL
That bridge that collapsed in Minnesota the other day, had been inspected and cracks were reported last year. See Video of Bridge Collapsing Here So why was nothing done about it? One reason might be that when our Govenrment spends $200 Billion, on a useless war that it is losing anyway, there is a lot less money to go around here at home. Bush long ago took funding that was supposed to go to the states for things like..oh, infastructure, and road repair, and funneled it back to his pals in the military industrial complex, so they could make more bombs, and guns, so we could kill more innocent iraqi’s. Democrats use money for things we need here, Republicans use it for fighting wars. This is not the first time that a bridge has collapsed in The US in recent history. There have been several, and everyone happened while a Republican was in the whitehouse. Here is a list from Scholars and Rogues
- The Mianus River Bridge on Interstate 95 in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- I-90 bridge over the Schoharie Creek in New York.
- I-88 over Carr’s Creek in New York.
- I-787 ramp partial collapse in downtown Albany.
- The Silver Bridge connecting West Virginia and Ohio.
- And while this was a bridge under construction instead of an older one, the irony of this week’s collapse in California (reported by FAUX, even) makes for good irony.
Like Hurricane Katrina this is one more way for Bush to tell the American people ‘hey you got a problem don’t come to me, I’m just here to steal all your tax money and put it into my never ending wars. You gotta drive a car over a bridge, tough luck, get out and swim across if you are afraid’
And Just to prove Bush wants to cut even more money out of domestic spending to put into war.
Just one more reason to impeach now. Don’t forget we are just one more big Hurricane away from Martial Law, if Bush wants it.